Saturday, November 3, 2007

E or no E

We were in RTA this morning to sit for the Knowledge Test to get the Learner's Licence... it is all Malaysia's fault that the Msian Driving Licence is not recognized here!! We are now required to sit thru the entire process before getting a Driving Licence.
As we were registering for the test, I was told that my first name printed on the visa was different from my passport. Due to that, I was not allowed to take the test. That was the beginning of it all... i was told to either change my name (from the Birth & Death Registry) - remove E totally OR to sort out the inconsistency with Immigration. By then, i was so so so annoyed. We left and WM was not satisfied with their explanation. If there was a problem with the name, I would not have entered the country at all... Anyway, why should i change my name for a lousy driving licence... NO WAY!!!!! So, off we went to Immigration. Thank God that my visa was OK and there was no problem at all - they claimed that RTA was dumb@!!!! Immigration was nice enough to reproduce my visa to reflect the required first name.... We went back to RTA and I told them off this time round... after which, i finally sat for the test and.... scored 100%!!!!!! :)
Now... the real thing begins... will go for several sessions and then sit for the Driving Test.... I am so not looking forward to this.... no longer can I drive like a true blooded Msian!!

3 comments:

Aarti Oliver said...

Hey Elaine.., I faced the same problem here in Malaysia. According to JPJ with my Indian Driving License I can drive, it's valid, but the Polis Department do not count it valid, so if they catch me driving with Indian License it's Illegal. In short I can't drive. And the funny part of all is that, JPJ would only transfer my License if I was a Masters or a PhD Student. Phew..

Well, All the Best for your Driving Test. May God be with you.

Jarod said...

wah! why so gila wan... I thought can also... By the way, what name you plan to change if they insist you to change? Trinity? NEo? haha...GOD BLESS & have a nice day!

Shaan said...

I thought our was an international driving licence?? We can drive in the states (and it's left hand drive there)... Oh well, guess it varies from one place to another... But well done on the perfect score! hahhaa - you show 'em!!! hehehehe!!! ;p