Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happie Burfday to Me!

Yes, I am one year younger now - are you envious??? hehehe... want to know the secret to staying young???

Since a friend recommended Japanese 3 months ago, I have been crazy over it - well, I don't fancy Japanese back in KL but it is different here in Sydney... it is like as if i found a new love!!
So, naturally, WM took me for a really nice Japanese dinner to celebrate my birthday. We went to this nice, cosy Japanese restaurant in Neutral Bay and I was actually quite surprised with their food! It was yummylicious!!

We started off with my "must-have" Soft Shell crab... it was tender - so perfect!



This place is really famous for their Japanese noodles - they make them everyday and they're really fresh! We had a green tea soba to share, with a combination of some sauce and wasabe - the mix was excellent!

We had some leftover sauce from the soba and the waitress recommended us to mix it with buckwheat soup (in the red teapot) - apparently, it is very nutritious. We also had Sake (in the glass cups) - it was my first time - very crisy and clear taste.

Sake came in the bamboo thingy (whatever you call it la!)... it was quite cute and I thought to myself "Hey, can I take this home with me?"

This is Japanese pancake - with prawns! So nice, man! The stuff on top is dried cuttlefish strips.

This dish was ordered by WM. It is Wagyu Beef sushi - perfecto! So so nice... yes, Wagyu beef comes from moo-moo cows who are massaged by humans and they do nothing but eat and sleep! Thus, when they don't exercise, their meat is very tender, soft and juicy! Wagyu beef is extremely precious and pricey in KL but not so in Sydney! I think it is due to the stiff competition/rivalry between Wagyu moo-moo cows and the Oz ones!! hahahaha....

I was surprised when my fav dessert came with sparklers!!! The waitress wished me Happie Burfday and I was hoping she could sing me the Japanese version of the burfday song!! hehehe..



My favourite dessert - Zenzai - green tea ice cream with glutinous rice balls and sweet red beans!! It is such a heavenly mix - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... gone are the days of tiramisu!




Satisfaction guaranteed!!

2 comments:

Shaan said...

Nice! Happy Birthday again!! :) Well done, (Uncle) WM! The dessert looked real yummy!!! hehehe! ;p

Poh Sim said...

happy belated friend!